The digital payment landscape has evolved significantly, offering users innovative ways to conduct transactions securely and conveniently. Among these advancements, the National Payments Corporation of India (NPCI) has introduced a new mode of payment called UPI Tap & Pay, which utilizes NFC technology to streamline UPI transactions. This article serves as a comprehensive guide, outlining the step-by-step method to perform a UPI Tap & Pay transaction.
What is UPI Tap and Pay?
UPI Tap & Pay is an innovative payment method that leverages Near Field Communication (NFC) technology to facilitate UPI transactions. Unlike traditional methods like Scan & Pay or Pay to Contact, UPI Tap & Pay simplifies the process by allowing users to tap their NFC-enabled device on the recipient’s device to retrieve the Payee UPI ID/VPA.
How UPI Tap & Pay is Different from Scan and Pay?
While Scan & Pay involves scanning the recipient’s QR code using the camera to obtain their UPI ID/VPA, UPI Tap & Pay utilizes NFC technology. Instead of scanning, users simply tap their device on the receiver’s device, eliminating the need for camera-based scanning and offering a more seamless transaction experience.
At Which Places Tap & Pay Transactions Can Be Performed?
Tap & Pay transactions can be conducted at various locations equipped with NFC technology. These include NFC smart QRs, NFC QR soundboxes, or UPI smart tags embedded with NFC capabilities.
How Can I Make a UPI Tap & Pay Transaction? (Step-by-Step Method):
Performing a UPI Tap & Pay transaction involves a few simple steps to ensure a smooth and secure payment process. Follow the step-by-step guide below:
- Open Your UPI App: Launch your preferred UPI-enabled application on your NFC-capable mobile device.
- Select Tap & Pay Feature: Look for the Tap & Pay icon or option within the app’s interface. It may be prominently displayed on the homepage or in the main menu.
- Enter Transaction Amount: Upon selecting Tap & Pay, input the specific amount you intend to transfer.
- Initiate the Tap: Position your device with NFC capability close to the recipient’s NFC-enabled device or UPI tag.
- Tap to Complete Payment: Tap your device on the receiver’s device or UPI tag to establish the NFC connection and retrieve the Payee UPI ID/VPA.
- Transaction Confirmation: Your app will confirm the successful transaction, indicating that the payment has been completed.
The introduction of UPI Tap & Pay marks a significant advancement in the realm of digital payments, offering users a more efficient and secure method for conducting UPI transactions through NFC technology. By following these simple steps, users can embrace this innovative payment mode, making transactions quicker and hassle-free.