List of Acceptable Documents Required to Make Corrections and Updates in UAN Profile

List of Acceptable Documents Required to Make Corrections and Updates in UAN Profile
List of Acceptable Documents Required to Make Corrections and Updates in UAN Profile

The Employees’ Provident Fund Organisation (EPFO) plays a pivotal role in the financial planning of millions of employees across India. Ensuring accurate information in the Universal Account Number (UAN) profiles is essential for seamless fund management and withdrawal processes. Recognizing this necessity, the EPFO has updated its standard operating procedure (SOP) to facilitate easier corrections and updates to UAN profiles. This article delineates the acceptable documents required for various corrections and updates in the UAN profile.

Also Read: Who is the New Chief Financial Officer of Airtel Payments Bank?

Things that Can Be Corrected in UAN Profiles

The scope of corrections in UAN profiles is extensive, enabling members to update crucial personal and employment details. Corrections can include changes in the member’s name, gender, date of birth, parents’ names, relationship status, marital status, date of joining, reason for leaving, date of leaving, nationality, and Aadhaar number.

Documentary Proof for Corrections

To maintain the integrity of the correction process, the EPFO mandates the submission of documentary proof. For minor changes, at least two documents are required from a pre-specified list that supports the change. For major amendments, at least three documents are necessary, ensuring the changes are substantiated.

Accepting Documents to Make Corrections in Father, Mother Name, Relationship

Correcting the names or relationship status of a member’s parents in the UAN profile requires submitting one of the following documents:

  • Passport of Father/Mother
  • Ration card/PDS Card
  • CGHS/ECHS/Medi-Claim Card with photo
  • Pension Card
  • Birth Certificate
  • Marriage Certificate
  • Government-issued Photo ID card (Bhamashah, JanAadhaar, MGNREGA, ARMY Canteen card, etc.)

Accepting Documents to Make Corrections in Date of Birth

For corrections in the date of birth, members can submit any of the following documents:

  • Birth Certificate
  • Marksheet issued by a recognized board or university
  • School Leaving Certificate (SLC)/Transfer Certificate (TC)/SSC certificate
  • Certificate based on service records of Government organizations
  • Medical Certificate with affidavit in the absence of conventional proof
  • Aadhaar, Passport, PAN card
  • Central/State Pension Payment Order
  • CGHS/ECHS/Medi-Claim Card with photo and date of birth
  • Domicile Certificate

Accepting Documents to Make Corrections in Name and Gender

To correct the name or gender in the UAN profile, the following documents are deemed acceptable:

  • Aadhaar (mandatory)
  • Passport, Birth Certificate, Driving License
  • Service photo identity card
  • School certificates containing name and photograph
  • Bank passbook with cross-stamped photograph
  • PAN Card/e-PAN, Ration/PDS Photo Card, Voter ID/e-Voter ID
  • Pensioner Photo Card/Freedom Fighter Photo Card
  • CGHS/ECHS/Medi-Claim Card, RSBY Card
  • Gazette notification for full name/first name change requests
  • Valid Visa with Foreign Passport for foreign nationals
  • PIO/OCI card, Tibetan Refugee Card

Accepting Documents to Make Corrections in Marital Status

Marital status corrections can be supported by:

  • Marriage Certificate
  • Aadhaar Card
  • Divorce Decree
  • Passport

Accepting Documents to Make Corrections in Date of Joining

Documents that can validate corrections in the date of joining include:

  • Employee register
  • Attendance register
  • Appointment letter
  • Establishment letter with ECR during the said period

Accepting Documents to Make Corrections in Reason of Leaving

To correct the reason for leaving employment, members may submit:

  • Resignation letter
  • Establishment letter with the reason of leaving
  • Termination letter
  • Any relevant document deemed fit by the establishment

Accepting Documents to Make Corrections in Date of Leaving

For updating the date of leaving, acceptable documents are:

  • Resignation/termination letter
  • Experience certificate
  • Wage/salary slip
  • Establishment letter stating the date of joining and duly signed

In conclusion, the EPFO’s amendments to the SOP for correcting and updating UAN profiles signify a significant step towards streamlining the process for members. By specifying a wide range of acceptable documents, the EPFO ensures that members can conveniently correct and update their profiles, thus maintaining accurate and up-to-date records essential for efficient provident fund management.

Similar Posts

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *