The National Highways Authority of India (NHAI) has launched a crucial initiative to enhance the efficiency of the Electronic Toll Collection (ETC) system. As part of this drive, FASTag users are urged to update their “Know Your Customer” (KYC) details associated with their latest FASTag before January 31, 2024. Failure to do so may result in the deactivation or blacklisting of FASTags, even if they have a valid balance. This article aims to guide FASTag users through the KYC update process and help them avoid disruptions in their toll transactions.
The Need for KYC Update:
NHAI’s initiative comes in response to various issues plaguing the FASTag system. Instances of multiple FASTags being linked to a single vehicle, issuance without proper KYC, and intentional omission of FASTags from a vehicle’s windscreen have been reported. To address these concerns, NHAI has introduced the “One Vehicle, One FASTag” campaign, emphasizing the importance of KYC compliance and efficient use of the ETC system.
Action Required by FASTag Users:
FASTag users are advised to complete the KYC update for their latest FASTag by January 31, 2024. It is essential to adhere to the “One Vehicle, One FASTag” policy, ensuring that each vehicle has only one active FASTag. Users must discard any previously issued FASTags through their respective banks. After the specified deadline, only the latest FASTag account with updated KYC details will remain active.
How to Update KYC for FASTag?
Follow these steps to update your KYC details and ensure a smooth transition from Non-KYC to Full-KYC status:
Step 1: Log in to the IHMCL Customer Portal
- Visit the official IHMCL customer portal using the link provided: https://fastag.ihmcl.com.
- Use your registered mobile number and password or opt for OTP-based validation to log in.
Step 2: Navigate to “My Profile”
- In the Dashboard Menu, select the “My Profile” option.
- Review the status of your KYC and all profile details submitted during the registration process.
Step 3: Access the KYC Section
- On the “My Profile” page, click the ‘KYC’ sub-section next to ‘Profile.’
- Choose the “Customer Type” and fill in the mandatory fields with the required ID proof, and address proof documents, along with your passport-size photo and address as per the address proof.
Step 4: Declaration and Submission
- Before submitting the details, tick the mandatory declaration confirming the authenticity of the attached documents.
- Submit your KYC upgrade request.
Step 5: Monitoring KYC Status
- After submission, monitor the status of your KYC update on the “My Profile” page.
- If there is any mismatch or if the submitted documents are not proper, you will be alerted to update them accordingly.
Ensuring the timely update of KYC for your FASTag is crucial to avoid deactivation or blacklisting after January 31, 2024. NHAI’s initiative aims to streamline the ETC system, and users play a pivotal role in this process. By following the outlined steps, FASTag users can contribute to the success of the “One Vehicle, One FASTag” campaign and experience uninterrupted toll transactions on National Highways. For additional assistance or queries, users can reach out to the nearest toll plazas or the toll-free customer care number of their respective issuer banks. Stay compliant, update your KYC, and enjoy the seamless benefits of FASTag.